Many people are not fans of making resolutions for the new year. After all, do you really need to wait until a new year arrives to make yourself do something you should probably already be doing?
Many of the resolutions that people make are centered around eating healthier and spending more time at the gym. There is absolutely no problem with that, but many people only keep those goals or resolutions for a short period of time. Many people do not make it to the end of the year.
If you do believe in making resolutions for the new year, we encourage you to make resolutions that can help your business. One of those resolutions you can make is to make improvements to your human resources department.
Do you currently have a Background Screening program in place? If you do, do you think you need to make improvements in that program? Making changes to your background screening program will give you the opportunity to see positive changes in your entire company for 2016.
How will you know if making changes to your background screening program should be one of your resolutions for the new year?
- How long has it been since you looked at your guidelines and policies for your background screening?
- Did you run background checks on the last employees you hired?
- Is everyone familiar with what content on a background check will result in not hiring a potential employee?
- Do you have all the required documents and paperwork as defined by the laws for your state and the federal laws?
- Are you sure your program follows all the rules and is being compliant? When was the last time you looked at this?
Many companies are doing things the right way, but there are other companies that are not doing things correctly. This year is a great time to ensure your company is doing things the right way. Contact Us today for additional information on background screenings and why it is important that your program is compliant.