The Importance of FCRA Background Checks
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) was passed in 1970 to require accuracy, fairness, and privacy when it comes to background checks. The FCRA acts as a third party between businesses and consumer reporting agencies. Companies that do not follow FCRA guidelines may be subject to fines and lawsuits, both individual and class-action.
Background checks: Why they’re important
When hiring new employees, companies will run background checks to make sure the applicant is who they say they are and the information they have provided on their application is accurate. Complying with FCRA guidelines for background checks can provide benefits for companies including:
- Access to a pool of more qualified and talented candidates
- Protection against negligent hiring lawsuits
- Avoiding discrimination charges
- Understanding the risks of not complying with FCRA
How TruDiligence can help
With more than 20 years of experience providing background checks and FCRA-compliant employment screening, TruDiligence can ensure your company will hire the right people at the right time. We’ll promote public safety by providing accurate, comprehensive, and fast background checks, investigative screenings, and verification services.
Built into our services are the following principles:
- Customer service: We pride ourselves on providing top-notch customer service at every step of the process, no matter the service.
- Accuracy: TruDiligence utilizes the latest industry technology to ensure the information we provide is accurate and timely.
- Turnaround time: We’ll get background checks and investigative screenings back to you as quickly as possible with accurate information that complies with FCRA
- FCRA compliance: All of your background checks and investigative screenings will comply with FCRA regulations — no questions asked.
If you have questions about our services or FCRA regulations as you consider how to tackle the background check process, contact us. We would be happy to answer any questions you have and discuss your situation in more detail.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!