A background check provider can verify information employers hope to confirm about their candidates. Critical info like identity, criminality, employment, education, licenses, and more solidify a potential hiree’s credentials. However, finding a reputable company to perform background checks is beneficial, ensuring you make the right decisions.
Use the following criteria when choosing a background check provider.
- The company ought to have National Association of Professional Background Screeners accreditation. Further, the credential ensures the background check provider is compliant with procedures and policies that make for reputable processes that preserve verification standards, consumer protection, legal matters, and best industry practices.
- Any background checker should perform according to the Fair Credit Reporting Act. The body governs the entire background check operation, including getting a candidate’s permission to conduct the check as well as giving candidates the chance to review results.
- The service needs to include having consent forms, electronic or manual, for candidates to complete.
- You should have the ability to access the information you need for making hiring choices.
- The service provides an online platform to simplify requests and access results.
- Reports are quick but accurate and clear.
- Costs should be economical.
Know What You’re Looking for in a Background Check Provider
Background checks shouldn’t be a one-stop shop. Generic reviews offer generic results. You might think the good news is you can learn a lot about a candidate by exploring their social media presence. However, a good investigator knows this can lead to a discrimination lawsuit. What you want is a background check that’s managed discreetly and thoroughly. It should, indeed, encompass information you need that validates your intuitions and hopes. But you want it done in a manner that’s legal, transparent, and minimizes your risk.
TruDiligence returns comprehensive reports that include valid screening information that reduces risk and saves you time, money, training, and paperwork. Contact us to learn more.